Contempt and Enforcement

What is Contempt and Enforcement?

William S. Foley can initiate post judgment actions to collect alimony and child support that is in arrears.

Please call the Office to discuss your post-final judgment proceeding, whether it be an enforcement proceeding or a proceeding for contempt of a court order.

 “Help! What do I do now?”

Contempt and Enforcement proceedings can be used for a myriad of different legal issues in the family law arena.

However, contempt is usually not available for property distribution issues. This is usually an enforcement issue.

We are experienced in working on enforcing court orders and trying to take a creative approach to finding solutions to your enforcement needs.

Court orders are just that.

They are the ORDER of the Court.

They must be followed.

But it can be complicated to force a party that chooses to disobey the law. Therefore, it is important to approach these issues correctly as the disobedience of a Court Order can be devastating for some.

Enforcement measures can also be used for children’s issues as well.

The most frequent children’s issue that contempt/enforcement is used for is enforcement of child support. But there are other remedies available for enforcement or contempt dealing with time-sharing issues and parental responsibility matters.

We can also represent those that have contempt and enforcement hearings instituted against them and need representation.

This is important, as there are a number of various remedies available to enforce a court order, and parties’ rights can be effected dramatically depending on the outcome of these hearings.

Please call a Tampa Enforcement Lawyer and a Tampa Contempt Attorney, William S. Foley to discuss you family law enforcement issues today,

(813) 272-2345

Scroll to Top